Friday, November 18, 2011

My new poem, "Winter Blue". Your thoughts???

Keep in mind that this poem was not written the way I write most of my poetry. It's a little different, but nonetheless, unique. Enjoy!!!











On Winter's night,


I lied there


alone


cuddled in my sheets,


my head, softly against the pillow,


watching snowflakes fall,


as winter's chill


slowly knocks at my window.





My mind drifted off,


and I dreamed sweet dreams,


dreams thought to be unclear,


but now clearer than ever before,


and suddenly, I understood


life was not meant for being sad.





Suddenly realizing what hit me,


I rose from the comfort of my bed,


drying tears from my eyes,


walking towards my bedroom window.





And as I looked up,


there it was,


a star in the sky,


and as beautiful as it was,


I then realized


that my days would shine brighter


if only I'd learn to smile.

My new poem, "Winter Blue". Your thoughts???
Oh my god is poem was beautiful


Keep it up
Reply:omg u r amazing!!!!! u NEED to send this 2 submityourwork@live.com its a good writing/ drawing contest.....u send it 2 them if they like it they will post it on their website: submityourwork.spruz.com its REALLY cool i have one of my poems on there!!!! and they will give u feedbak and stuff btw lol


No comments:

Post a Comment