Saturday, November 14, 2009

How do i tame and make my white winter hamspter know me?

he was so sweet the fisrt day i got him, he slept in my hand and licked me, but now its the third day and he lightly bites my hand when i go in to get him. Also, he never excersises, not even at night time. He was the smallest in the litter by alot.


i have had him for three days now.





and sugestions?

How do i tame and make my white winter hamspter know me?
I always started by feeding them something yummy through the cage wires------a walnut or pecan-------and let them smell your hands through it for a few days. When they get used to that and then run to the wire when they see you coming (they will associate you with the treat, hence "good") then try opening the cage and laying the treat in your outstretched hand which you lay on the bottom of the cage----let them walk on your hand, lean against it, smell it-------and after a few days of this you can start petting/stroking and then attempting to handle them.





Good luck...I LOVED my hammies!!!
Reply:if your hand smells like food, he will take a little bite. As far as getting him tame... you just have to hold him and pet him gently, eventually he will get used to you and love you. If your hands don't smell like food and he still nips, wear a glove or mitten until he gets more used to you. good luck

flowers gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment